Forty days

I don't know about other girls, but I constantly struggle with acne and urge to pop my imperfections. Popping blemishes have been something I have turned to for over a year now, whenever I am bored or stressed. The problem is, my face scars and blemishes are not all the more respectable tomorrow. The bigger problem is spending my time in front of a mirror, damage the body God gave me not a part of my purpose in life.

So, what am I going to make? Quit first, popping my imperfections. Make a commitment. Starting today (today? UH, what do I get me into), I will not touch my imperfections. I want to wash my face, and dry, and manage some repair lotion and move away from the mirror.

But I will do this without an incentive? Of course I have not tried before. So my incentive. One hour massage or a facial treatment! Sounds very to me.

Finally, should I replace my stain-poppe behavior with an alternative activity. Reading passages in the Bible that stresses honor the body as a gift and a Holy Temple of God? Seems to be a no-brainer. It will be this week's alternative activity, anyway. I want to change it up each week.

To sum up, all those who have a weakness for popping blemishes, follow me in this plan:

40-Days of shame cure

1) recognize your vulnerability. When and where you pop and pinch your skin? Review your current behavior and write down the "normal" behavior the direction in which you work.

2) give yourself an incentive. It is summer-you must have a product or service or holiday to pray about. Want a new bicycle, a spa day or a weekend trip to a local resort? Or even something small, like a dinner at your favorite restaurant? Commitment to yourself a reward to be redeemed after forty days of respect and loving your body for the Lord.

3) Establish an alternative activity. Sitting in front of the mirror popping blemishes takes time. How do you want to replace the time? Well, first, discover why you pop your imperfections. What is a disgrace-poppe "do" for you? Relieve stress? Simply wasting time? Choose a fun/productive activity to replace the time you would use stain-poppe. If you are afraid that one activity is not enough as a distraction during 40 days, you must choose a different activity each week.

4) Start the obligation, and recognize your success. Do not give, if weakness takes you one day. Certainly not try to start the forty day process again, or to refuse yourself in your incentive. Continue on your plan to refrain from damaging your skin. Every day is a new day--one day does not define next. Believe it or not, your skin heal. God made it that way.

Remember: God made you beautiful, not to society's standards, but his standards. He did just as you are, and he knew you would acquire every blemish and scar you have today. He still loves you, and he has big plans for you. Those who see you through any outward blemish or formation you have is people that God has placed in your life, to show you that your body does not define you. your soul and spirit does.

0 comments: